REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Twenty-Second Annual Founders' Day Dinner & Annual Meeting
Post-event survey results available here!
Please join us for our 22nd Annual Founders' Day Dinner. In addition to an all-inclusive dinner and beverage service, this unique evening will include a live music program of Wagner's works featuring the very timely theme of renewal!
You must have registered by NOON on Tuesday, November 2nd to attend! Walk-ins cannot be accommodated, as we need both an accurate headcount and (new this year!) your menu choice by that date!
The registration price includes the program and a pre-program reception featuring appetizers, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. After the performance, a plated dinner with your choice of three entrees will be served, along with additional wine and non-alcoholic beverages. This memorable evening will conclude with dessert and coffee or tea.
$49 Members & their guests
Non-members may join RWSUM as members now to take advantage of the member rate at this and other RWSUM events through December 2022. Please review our membership page for membership categories and rates.
To ensure the safety of our guests, and those who will be serving and entertaining us, one of the following will be required at the door:
- Proof of vaccination against Covid-19, or
- A negative Covid-19 PCR test, with swab samples taken no sooner than Tuesday, November 2
- Everyone - including all venue and catering staff - will be vaccinated - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All guests will be required to wear masks over both nose and mouth when not eating or drinking
- There will be ample space to spread around amongst the dining tables; with registration now closed, we are at slightly greater than 50% of capacity
- The Atrium has double-height ceilings and excellent air circulation
Appetizer Buffet: A variety of deli meats and cheeses, crackers, olives, and bacon-wrapped dates
Plated Dinner: Breads and butter, to accompany your choice of entree:
- Sauerbraten served with boiled potatoes & gravy, red cabbage, and apple sauce
- Cheese- & basil-stuffed chicken breast accompanied by roasted tomatoes and boiled potatoes
- Vegetarian bratwurst, homemade potato salad and mixed greens
Dessert: Homemade apple crisp with vanilla sauce and coffee or tea service
6:00 Socializing—wine and appetizers
6:15 Business meeting—election of directors
6:30 Remarks by Dr. David Cline, RWSUM chairman and founder
6:45 Music program
9:00 Event ends
As we slowly emerge from this dreadful pandemic, our artists have curated a program of selections focusing on the themes of rebirth and renewal in Wagner, of which there are many!
You'll enjoy music from a variety of Wagner operas and related songs.
NOTE: Due to a family emergency, our original vocalists have been called out of town. Fortunately, Debra Gilroy, who recently delighted audiences at our very first live, in-person event since March 2020, has stepped in! Ms.Gilroy has plenty of Wagner in her repertoire, so she and Mr. Phipps-Kettlewell will be curating a wonderful program for us!
Roderick Phipps-Kettlewell, Lecturer and Pianist
Debra Gilroy, Soprano
Directions and Parking Info:
Danish American Center Info