Please join us for our Annual Meeting, held virtually for the first time via Zoom!
Attendance is free to everyone, and includes the following program highlights:
- Welcome and introductory remarks by Dr. David Cline, Founder & Chairman
- Election of the RWSUM Board of Directors (see below)
- Announcement of our inaugural Music in Action grant recipients
- Member benefit and event plans for 2021
- An exclusive preview of Minnesota Opera's The Art vs. The Artist: Wagner’s Das Rheingold, a panel discussion that explores the conflict between the controversial lives of certain composers and the decision to produce their work. This pre-recorded video premieres in advance of Das Rheingold in 2D, 3D and Virtual Reality next week.
- An interactive Zoom discussion following the video, featuring Hilan Warshaw, producer, director and writer of the provocative documentary, Wagner's Jews, and a panelist in The Art vs. The Artist: Wagner’s Das Rheingold.
The following Directors are up for re-election this year:
- Dr. David Cline, Founder & Chairman
- Margaret Blake
- Stephen Blake
- Jill Crow
- Jim Richardson, Secretary & IT Chair
- Michael Ruppert, President & Events Chair
- Renate Sharp
- Jerry Swenson, Treasurer
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors of the Richard Wagner Society of the Upper Midwest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may include your name in the election of Directors.
Members and non-members alike are welcome to join us at the Annual Meeting, but only active members may serve on the Board of Directors or vote in the election of members to the Board.
If you aren't currently an active member, you may click here to join now. Memberships purchased now extend to the end of 2021 at no extra cost!